- Rest your leg. Avoid putting weight on your leg as best you can.
- Ice it.
- Compress your leg.
- Raise (elevate) your leg as much as possible.
- Take anti-inflammatory painkillers such as Advil
- Use a heel lift in your shoe
- Practice stretching and strengthening exercises as recommended by your doctor, physical therapist, or other health care provider.
To learn more about Achilles tendonitis, go to Heel Pain Institute of America or Laurel Foot & Ankle Center or Northern Foot & Ankle Associates.
Contact our offices Laurel Foot & Ankle Center or Northern Virginia Foot & Ankle Associates and schedule an appointment today.